Tips for making simple changes to your eating habits that will make a big difference to everyday health:
- Swap sugary drinks for sugar-free options, low-fat milk or water – You will be surprised by how much sugar you could cut from your diet
- Swap regular cheese for reduced fat cheese – By simply swapping from full-fat to reduced-fat cheese you save unnecessary calories from fat.
- Swap butter for butter spreads – You will reduce your overall fat intake for the day
- Swap sugary cereal for plain cereal – If cereal is your breakfast of choice, try swapping from sugary cereals to plain cereals, for example plain Pronutro; rolled oats or plain shredded whole grain such as All Bran Flakes.
- Swap your salt: To help reduce the amount of salt you consume on a daily basis, try swapping salt for herbs and spices to add flavour to your dish instead. Choose low sodium stock if you are making homemade soups
- Swap to smaller food portions: Often, we dish up more than we need. Try halving the amount of food you initially put on your plate. If you’re still hungry, you can always go back for a little more. You will probably realise that the first portion was enough to fill you up.
- Swapping from bought lunch to pre-packed lunch: If you want to make sure that you will eat healthily throughout the day, pack your own snacks and lunch. A good option would be a leftover dinner portion which may help to keep you satisfied for longer.
- Choose healthier snacks: It’s always tempting to reach for a bag of crisps, or a chocolate when cravings or energy dips hit between meals. If you have a sweet tooth, try a fruit or low-fat yoghurt. If you prefer savoury snacks, choose a small handful of unsalted nuts or lean biltong. Remember, if you don’t have unhealthy snacks in the house or at the office, you won’t be able to eat them!
Stay in touch
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive exclusive offers and the latest news on our products and services.
Copyright © 2019 GO Health Club (Pty) Ltd. All rights reserved.