- By accepting the terms and conditions of your membership agreement, you hereby give express written permission to GO Health for the collection, collation, processing or disclosure of any personal information about you.
- Certain pages on the GO Health website have been structured so that you can access the site without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information. However, should you decide to join GO Health and/or to participate in any of its client challenges, you will be required to register and provide GO Health with identifiable personal information of yourself. The nature of this information will be limited to that which is necessary to supply the service or carry out the transaction that you have requested and authorized, and will be in conformity with the provisions of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002.
- GO Health respects your privacy and undertake not to sell, rent or lease your personal information to others. Certain non-personal information may be collected while you are using the website. This will comprise data about usage and service operation that is not associated with a specific personal identity. GO Health may collect and use this non-personal information to evaluate how the GO Health website is being used.
- GO Health will only electronically request, collect, collate, process or store personal information about you which is necessary for the lawful purpose for which the personal information is required, including rendering the services to you in terms of your membership agreement, launching and processing members’ challenges, processing and storage purposes, transferring it to third party(ies) as GO Health’s associates, contractors or agents who may be located in a foreign country(ies).
- GO Health will not electronically request, collect, collate, process or store personal information on a data subject which is not necessary for the lawful purpose for which the personal information is required.
- GO Health will not use the personal information for any other purpose than the disclosed purpose without your express written permission, unless GO Health is permitted or required to do so by law.
- GO Health may partner with other organisations who may provide you with the services requested through the GO Health website. These partner organisations are required to keep confidential the information received on behalf of GO Health and may not use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for GO Health.
- GO Health will not disclose any of the personal information held by it to a third party, unless required or permitted by law, or specifically authorised to do so in writing by you. When you join GO Health and by accepting the terms and conditions of your membership agreement, you specifically authorise GO Health to disclose and share your personally identifiable information in accordance with the Mywellness® cloud solution to gym equipment supplier TECHNOGYM®. Your rights regarding the processing of your personally identifiable information by TECHNOGYM® will be subject to the privacy policies which they apply and GO Health shall not in any way assume any responsibility or liability in that regard.
- You further authorise and consent herewith that, in the event that you have joined and accepted a GO Health challenge or otherwise indicated your consent thereto, GO Health may collect your personal- and activity information from TECHNOGYM® and disclose and share it:
- with other members of GO Health in competitions and leader boards where members can compare their activity levels, and
- with your employers as part of a corporate package (if applicable); and
- with your medical aid or other insurer.
- GO Health shall, for as long as your personal information is used and for a period of at least 1 year thereafter, keep a record of any third party to whom the personal information was disclosed and of the date on which and the purpose for which it was disclosed.
- GO Health will delete or destroy all personal information which has become obsolete.
To ensure the safety, security and wellbeing of all our members, please see club rules below. Please be aware that these rules form part of your contract with GO Health. Who do these rules apply to? Any person entering our premises, regardless of the nature of their visit, must abide by our club rules. Failure to do so may result in us asking you to leave the premises. In extreme circumstances and if it is deemed necessary we may cancel your GO Health membership. Amending club rules: The club rules may need to be updated from time to time, so please visit our website at www.gohealthclub.co.za for the most recent version.
Using GO Health clubs:
- You need to use sweat towel at all times while training and remember to keep hydrated.
- Please adhere to the club’s operating hours.
- Please refrain from bringing any alcohol or drugs into our clubs.
- Smoking is prohibited on our premises.
- No pets are allowed on the premises (with the exception of guide dogs).
- Weapons and firearms are not allowed on our premises. Only police officers that are on duty or security officials who enter our premises on official police/security business will be permitted to bring their weapon along. Should such officials be using our club as members, they will not be allowed to bring their weapons onto our premises.
- Selling and/or marketing of any product or service to other members while in our clubs is prohibited.
- Taking photos or videos in our clubs is not allowed.
- The Go Health name and/or logo may not be used for any promotional, marketing, advertising or any other activity without GO Health’s permission.
- Our off-peak membership allows you to train between 08h00 and 16h00 on weekdays and any time on a Saturday and Sunday.
- A Wellness Key will be issued to you when you join.
- Please use your Wellness Key to access our clubs.
- You are required to have your picture taken when being issued with your Wellness Key.
- In the event that you come to the club without your Wellness Key, you will be able to gain access using your ID/passport number. Access may be granted in this manner for up to 3 consecutive visits, after which you will need to purchase a new Wellness Key.
- Your Wellness Key may only be used by you.
- Please note that access will not be granted if your GO Health membership is in arrears or if we have terminated or suspended your membership.
- The use, sale or endorsement of any form of illegal and/or performance-enhancing drugs (including steroids and any other banned substances) is strictly prohibited on club premises.
- If it is suspected that this rule has been infringed, your GO Health membership will be terminated at our discretion.
- You will not be permitted to access our facilities whilst under the influence of alcohol, illegal and/or performance-enhancing drugs (including steroids).
- Please refrain from committing any acts of intimidation or threats, or exhibiting menacing behaviour towards other GO Health users.
- Harassment, violent behaviour or abuse of any kind will not be tolerated.
- The use of foul, loud, offensive or abusive language will not be tolerated.
- Please do not commit any act that may be offensive to other users of GO Health.
- You may not share a shower cubicle at any time.
- You will be held liable for any damages caused by you or your dependants.
- Please wear appropriate exercise clothing while exercising in the club. T-shirts and closed training shoes must be worn at all times. Slops/sandals are only permitted in the change rooms.
- Parking may only be used by members and guests while using our facilities. Any parking fees due (if applicable) will be for your expense.
- Please ensure that valuable items are not left visible in your vehicle. We have valuables lockers available in our clubs for storage of keys and other valuables.
- Please make use of the designated parking bays only. Disabled parking bays and parking bays for “Moms and Tots” are for their respective use only. Cars parked illegally may be clamped and a release fee will be payable.
- Your vehicle is parked at your own risk. We will not be held liable for any loss, theft and/or damage to vehicles and/or valuables left in vehicles whilst you are using our facilities.
- We have provided lockers in our change rooms for you to store your belongings while training. The valuables lockers can be used to store valuable items such as wallets, keys, etc. You will need to bring along two high quality padlocks. The use of a locker is not a guarantee that theft or damage to your belongings will not occur. It is advisable that your personal insurance covers you for loss of personal effects. We will not accept responsibility for any loss, theft or damage to your property, even if it has been locked in a locker.
- Lockers are to be used for storage of gym wear, toiletries, clothing as well as Kit-Bags as these are prohibited on the training floor.
- Your personal belongings should not be left unattended at any time. Use of our lockers limits potential loss.
- Lockers may only be used by you while you are in the club. Belongings left behind will be cleared daily (at club closure) and placed in lost property. Such items will then be available for collection by you for up to 14 days where after they will be donated to a charity of our choice.
Using our Equipment:
- Equipment should be used for intended purposes only. Ask for help if needed.
- Please adhere to the time limits if specified on equipment so everyone has a chance to use it.
- Avoid using equipment that is in disrepair and please report such equipment to a staff member.
- When making use of the strength equipment, ensure that the weight pin is inserted correctly.
- Only equipment specifically provided by the manufacturer can be used to increase weight resistance. Please refrain from using dumbbells and other equipment to do so.
- Please ensure that the treadmill has come to a complete stop before climbing on or off it.
- Please replace weights and other items after use.
- Food, drinks (other than water bottles and sports drinks) and bags are not permitted on the training floor.
Group exercise classes:
- Some of our group exercise classes may require that you book in advance. There may also be ad hoc changes to classes and/or instructors. Please refer to our website, GO Health smartphone application or electronic timetables in club for the latest version available.
- Please arrive at least 5 minutes before the class starts.
- Please speak to one of our staff members should you wish to sign up with a Personal Trainer.
- Personal training may only be provided in our clubs by an authorised GO Health Personal Trainer. Suspected or alleged personal training by an unauthorised person will be investigated by the Club General Manager and you and the trainer may be suspended or expelled.
- Our Personal Trainers are responsible for their own business. Payment for services rendered is between you and the Personal Trainer. Please request that you sign an agreement with your Personal Trainer and ask for a receipt whenever purchasing sessions.
- Please notify one of our staff members of any injury or incident you may witness in our clubs.
- Please adhere to the health and safety notices on display in our clubs.
- In the event of an emergency, please follow the instructions given by the staff.
- Fire doors and safety devices should not be tampered with.
- No running in the clubs, unless it’s done on a treadmill.
- There will be cleaning and maintenance done in the club on an ongoing basis. Please proceed with caution in these areas.
Junior Members These are the Rules that apply specifically to junior members:
- Children under the age of 12 are not allowed in the training areas in our clubs.
- Junior members aged 12 to 17 will be allowed into our clubs provided they are supervised by you at all times.
- Junior members aged 12 to 17 must use their own Wellness Key to access the club.
- Junior members aged 14 to 17 has full access to all facilities in our clubs.
- Junior members aged 12 to 13 may use all cardio-vascular equipment except treadmills if accompanied and supervised by their parent(s)/legal guardian(s).
- Junior members aged 12 to 13 may use the stretch area if accompanied and supervised by their parent(s)/legal guardian(s).
- Junior members aged 12 to 13 may not use any equipment on the gym floor other than the cardio-vascular equipment (as specified above) unless participating in age-appropriate programmes/classes being led by a recognised fitness professional.
- Junior members aged 12 to 13 may participate in the following adult Group Exercise classes: GoFlow and GoBox.
- All queries and complaints should be made directly to the Club General Manager.
- Approval of membership applications remain at our discretion.
- Please contact your home Club or our Head Office on 087 820 1740 or log onto www.gohealthclub.co.za for further information.
- Right of admission is reserved.
That’s it! Thank you and enjoy your workout.
- Guests of GO Health are required to complete and sign a disclaimer form prior to being allowed access into the club.
- Disclaimer forms for guests aged 12 to 17 must be signed and the guest’s legal guardian.
- Guests aged 12 to 17 must be accompanied by an adult whilst training in our club.
- GO Health club rules are applicable to all guests using the GO Health club. These rules are available on our website at www.gohealthclub.co.za